The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

The Art of Breathing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Art of Breathing Empty
PostSubject: The Art of Breathing   The Art of Breathing Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

i see breathing as a underated part of life that if more focused upon can bring better things. breathing brings in oxygen to where it is needed in the body and releases carbon dioxide waste. deep breaths can calm us down whenever we feel fear, anixeity, negativity etc and deep breaths help us stay more connected to the source of life.if we were to focused on our breath the best we can throughout the day we would be able to stay in the present which is really the only time that matters and it would make our focus more sharper. sometimes during the day when im by myself i would spend 30 sec taking the deepest breaths i possibly could, i feel great after. people who are aware of spirituality, meditation, law of attraction, staying positive, stuff like that know how important the breath is.
Back to top Go down
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Male Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2008-11-21

The Art of Breathing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Breathing   The Art of Breathing Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Scientists have known for a long time that there exists a strong connection between respiration and mental states. Improper breathing produces diminished mental ability. The corollary is true also. It is known that mental tensions produce restricted breathing.

We need to breathe more slowly and deeply. Quick shallow breathing results in oxygen starvation which leads to reduced vitality, premature ageing, poor immune system and a myriad of other factors.

Why Is Our Breath Fast and Shallow?
There are several reasons for this. The major reasons are:
1)We are in a hurry most of the time. Our movements and breathing follow this pattern.
2) The increasing stress of modern living makes us breathe more quickly and less deeply.
3) We get too emotional too easily

The question is " what are Benefits of Deep Breathing ? "

1) Improvement in the quality of the blood due to its increased oxygenation in the lungs.
2) Improvement in the health of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, nerve centers and nerves.
3) Deep, slow, yoga breathing reduces the work load for the heart.
4) Relaxation of the mind and body. Slow, deep, rhythmic breathing causes a reflex stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system, which results in a reduction in the heart rate and relaxation of the muscles. These two factors cause a reflex relaxation of the mind, since the mind and body are very interdependent. In addition, oxygenation of the brain tends to normalize brain function, reducing excessive anxiety levels.
Back to top Go down

The Art of Breathing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Philosophical Perfection Forum :: General Forum :: Healing and Meditation-
Jump to: