The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

General Wisdom 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Male Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2008-11-21

General Wisdom 1 Empty
PostSubject: General Wisdom 1   General Wisdom 1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 pm

"A philosophy is the expression of a man's inner character." -William James

"Keep me from the wisdom that does not weep, and the philosophy that does not laugh." -Kahlil Gibran

"The capacity to learn is a gift;
The ability to learn is a skill;
The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." -Unknown

"The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"How like philosophers! Preening themselves for teaching black-and-white thinkers to see shades of gray and forgetting all about the reds and greens and blues and yellows and " -Susan Sparks

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"I have had my solutions for a long time, but I do not yet know how I am to arrive at them." -Karl Friedrich Gauss

General Wisdom 1 Philos10

"Knowledge is power." -Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

"Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one.... cities will never have rest from their evils-no, nor the human race." -Plato

"One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing." -Socrates

"The idea that so much suffering can be in vain is intolerable to me, it kept me awake all night: I'm awake now." -Andre Gide

General Wisdom 1 Albert%20Einstein
Albert Einstein

"Philosophy is man's quest for the unity of knowledge: it consists in a perpetual struggle to create the concepts in which the universe can be conceived as a universe and not a multiverse . This attempt stands without rival as the most audacious enterprise in which the mind of man has ever engaged: Here is man, surrounded by the vastness of a universe in which he is only a tiny and perhaps insignificant part - and he wants to understand it" -William Halverson

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Nietzche

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Old Indian Saying

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

General Wisdom 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Wisdom 1   General Wisdom 1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:36 am

General Wisdom 1 Good_j10
Back to top Go down

General Wisdom 1
Page 1 of 1