The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

Are you playing with all your marbles?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vana
Vana

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Are you playing with all your marbles? Empty
PostSubject: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Are you playing with all your marbles? 10639b8b091f

"In a three player game, all players play either one or two sets of marbles each." The dynamics of this conversation belie: this is not dialogic chess, tis Chinese checkers, multi-podal. The first was the pyramid. Next was the standing of the pyramid on its head. This exposed the arbitrarity of authority: Star of David; the simultaneity of the order and the anti-order is the child-god. But a position is shadowed by negations, moves: "The Chinese Checkers board has 121 indentations arranged to form a six-pointed star much like a regular hexagram, with 10 such spots within each triangular star-point of the hexagram, and 61 within its hexagon", from one to two to three to six to twelve, and so on, numerology spreads epidemically, dialectic is viral. While there are twelve hours on a clock, this is a habit and not a necessary perception, time is infinite. ("This game does not originate from China or any part of Asia. Chinese Checkers is also not a variation of checkers. The game itself was invented in Germany in 1893 under the name “Stern-Halma”".cite)
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Marcel

Male Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : Chatting, Computer,Games
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Uratsukudoji
Uratsukudoji

Male Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : questioning everything
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: very cool   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:28 am

I always thought it was based on the (I ching) somehow I never thought much about it really.
I must say this is very intresting but im not that surprised it is from western culture
but then its not 64 its 61.
I find it very intresting this symbol turns up in alot different places.
Are you playing with all your marbles? Gaia
The use of sacred symbolisim has been an intrest of mine for quite awhile.
very cool post thanks.
Back to top Go down
Vana
Vana

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 am

There's three of us now, so we can play truly.

What happened is this. I was reading a thread and saw two people arguing. They were in stalemate, going in circles. Then a third view entered the conversation. The moves of player one and two could not be sustained without contradiction with the the third player That isn't very clear, but I doubt you would want to read the whole thread where this occurred to me.

In short, dualisms perpetuate when there is not a third-angle on the thing. A player can play contradictory games, but this is not exposed until each set of marbles is really being used from it's own corner, and not for another. Many lines being played by one player gives a false appearance of corroboration. When each pure color plays itself, the game is radically different than when just two players try to represent them all.
Back to top Go down
Vana
Vana

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 am

Uratsukudoji wrote:
Are you playing with all your marbles? Gaia
The use of sacred symbolisim has been an intrest of mine for quite awhile.
very cool post thanks.
Numerology and symbolic thinking are easily misunderstood for craziness. Do tell more if you like, it's not something that one can often find discussion partners about.
Back to top Go down
Uratsukudoji
Uratsukudoji

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Vana wrote:

Numerology and symbolic thinking are easily misunderstood for craziness. Do tell more if you like, it's not something that one can often find discussion partners about.

Ah yeah some people do take ths study as just being sortive out to lunch but theres plenty of people who do treat it with a great deal of intrest and respect.
The dualisim you speak of is the same as checkers or chess and the idea of a third party is something that many occult practices use as a fundemental tool. This has been long understood I mean like at least 10000 bc. I suspect even longer.
I always say to people who think numerolgy and symbolisim are a joke. "you think with images not letters" you dont hear letters you hear sound.
Also if you study numbers like any lets take the number 8 for example you always find some historicaly attached image.
caduceus or as I have come understand it staff of the hermetic arts.

Are you playing with all your marbles? Medical

now notice hermes with his staff behind him there.
also you can find this symbol in the bible of course many other religous text.
Are you playing with all your marbles? HermesTrismegistusCauc

But about the smybol of the game with a 121 sides its purpose is to manifest out dualistic thinking into dissonance.
At least thats my opinion on the the thing and intresting you would make the connection the way you did, in other words you just see it truthfuly and people like myself study for years and barley grasp it.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Uratsukudoji
Uratsukudoji

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

some reason the first image wouldnt display so here ill link a few Are you playing with all your marbles? Caduceus_newAre you playing with all your marbles? 0198606788.caduceus.1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you playing with all your marbles?   Are you playing with all your marbles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Philosophical Perfection Forum :: General Forum :: Philosophy and Wisdom-
Jump to: