The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

Ten Teachings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ten Teachings Empty
PostSubject: Ten Teachings   Ten Teachings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:10 am

Ten Teachings

Ten Teachings E112

I. Love yourself perfectly.

II. Love your neighbour as yourself.

III. Put nothing before the Love of yourself or the Love of others.

IV. Keep everyday and everything you do holy.

V. Follow your Bliss.

VI. Seek solutions, not justice.

VII. Judge as one who is sinless.

VIII. Create ‘good’ works and use the ‘bad’ works to learn and to teach.

IX. Forgive those who have trespassed.

X. Forgive yourself for trespassing.

- Lucas Campbell
Back to top Go down
Bridgewalker
Bridgewalker

Female Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : crystals reiki singing bowls and much more
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Ten Teachings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Teachings   Ten Teachings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:06 am

lovely lucus...if it harms none do what you will ....respect all and live from a kind heart ..its so great to share ty
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Ten Teachings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Teachings   Ten Teachings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Lucas wrote:
Ten Teachings

Ten Teachings E112

I. Love yourself perfectly.

II. Love your neighbour as yourself.

III. Put nothing before the Love of yourself or the Love of others.

IV. Keep everyday and everything you do holy.

V. Follow your Bliss.

VI. Seek solutions, not justice.

VII. Judge as one who is sinless.

VIII. Create ‘good’ works and use the ‘bad’ works to learn and to teach.

IX. Forgive those who have trespassed.

X. Forgive yourself for trespassing.

- Lucas Campbell

Though these are quickly very kind, loving, and friendly things....some are selfish underneath the veil. Though 9 and 2 are truly righteous.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ten Teachings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Teachings   Ten Teachings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 am

Lucas, how beautiful!

I'm afraid I must disagree with you dear Dalinian- you seem to be a good hearted person who seeks to live your truth and share it with others. Perhaps you will allow an "old lady" of 41 to share a thought with you.

I believe it is a common misconception that to "Love oneself" is selfish and somehow a negative thing. There is certainly plenty of selfishness in our society. However, it depends on how you define love- and what it means to love yourself (as Lucas so beautifully puts it..."perfectly"). I too believe that we should love ourselves perfectly-

I have found that in order to love others you must love yourself. I do not mean you should be conceited or put your own interests ahead of another. But to recognize your life as the gift that it is and cherish it, love it.... To me, there is no greater way to thank your creator than to appreciate the gift of your life that you have been given. Loving yourself means taking care of your health and making good choices, being grateful and so much more. All of this makes you a better servant, more able to give of yourself-- not less. (There is a reason why the airplane attendants instruct adults to secure their own oxygen masks before putting on the masks of their children-it isn't selfish- it is to ensure they will be able to help their children.)

The teachings of Jesus do not conflict with this... so please do not be afraid to love yourself "perfectly" for you are precious and wonderful and have much to give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ten Teachings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Teachings   Ten Teachings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten Teachings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Philosophical Perfection Forum :: General Forum :: Philosophy and Wisdom-
Jump to: