The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

Whos really a Christian/Witnessing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalinian
Dalinian

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Empty
PostSubject: Whos really a Christian/Witnessing   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:54 am

Recently becoming a Christian, is a very dramatic change if one should follow the Lords words. Ways of thinking, things that are sacrificed, friends that look at you with the "other" eye, thanksgiving everyday, an attraction in the truth, an attraction in the lies, an open heart, mind, and soul. Yet these are just few of what becoming a "new creature" contains. Yet one of the trophies on my shelf of Christianity, is seeing life in an entirely different perspective.

I say that witnessing is a must, but the importance of it should not be so harsh on others. I myself had considered to be an Evangelist. I loved seeing Ray Comfort, Venomfangx, Todd Friel, and others witness to the lost. I had witnessed to some here and there. Yet I think my only mistake so far in sharing the Gospel is "pushing" it, and "pushing" God unto others. Ive heard that there are two things one should not bring up in a bar; politics, and religion/God. This did not fade me, nor want to change my ways of witnessing to others. I wanted to spread the truth, and those who did not agree, nor consider the truth I would not reject, nor turn away from....but that wasnt the case. I was the one being pushed away, I was the one being named names, I was the one some did not want to remain with.

I had forgot to be and see a different, more humble and brotherly way. First of all, I should related, or build a relationship with one. I should show love, friendship, and knowledge to others around. For the words of God are strong, and some fear and rebuke them. We shall be sneaky, but not deceptive in our ways. We shall show them we care for them, and that there is more than what they know in life.

I would love witnessing tips and experiences for those who would like to share. Common questions and answers. Inspirations, and all that the Lord shows.

God bless!
Back to top Go down
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Male Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Whos really a Christian/Witnessing   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:39 am

I'm glad Dalinian to see such a wonderful post as a first post from you..... Actually You say the Truth coz as you mentioned " it should not be so harsh on others" , I used to be also "pushing" Gospel , and "pushing" God unto others But We were the ones who being pushed away....May be coz we did it out of our love to them but apparently it seemed as if we were pushing them.

I like very much those words below

"I had forgot to be and see a different, more humble and brotherly way. First of all, I should related, or build a relationship with one. I should show love, friendship, and knowledge to others around. For the words of God are strong, and some fear and rebuke them. We shall be sneaky, but not deceptive in our ways. We shall show them we care for them, and that there is more than what they know in life."

They are really wise words. You added alot Dalinian and We've the Honour to have you with us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: a hill that we see, but can never establish a distance...   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:51 am

Becoming a new creature, mind, and having a growing soul is of course....new and different. Difference in the way we live, think, and learn. Jesus never said that it would be easy. Straight of course, but remember its narrow. The flesh loves to frolic in lawlessness, but the soul will always be left out. It prefers the better things in which it is fed. It thrives for the Lord. His words and His righteousness. Wisdom is but the fruit in which the soul preserves.

Life is short, but the wisdom in which the Lord gives is endless. The ones who seek the truth in Jesus' words, love the taste of His fruits. For I myself am, and will always be learning from the Lord. God blesses us with The Truth, for He is not the author of confusion. So glorious, great, perfect, holy, and just. Our Creator! May we glorify God in our body. Yet He has no need to be more glorious, He is perfect and complete. We are here to live for God's glory.

P.S. Though change is constant in my words....."Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. Its one of Gods blessings.
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: distractions, distractions.   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 am

There are far too many distractions during these days which we now live in. Recession, politics, swine flu, celebrities, global warming, etc. Some of them divert one from what is important. Yet some modify the truth and what is important, into silly and irrelevant ideas.

One that i had recently seen is the story of a man that died three times. Now when you hear this, it already seems silly. Well, his first death experience occurred when he was struck by lightening. He had no pulse and what not. Yet he claims to see "the tunnel". His life flashing before him. Feeling the emotions that were present with each "flash"....or something. Now that one he had somewhat, explained in detail. Though the other two were not however. He had open heart surgery, and for some reason he had seen "the tunnel" again, seeing that he had become a "better" and "kinder" person. Then the third happened when he had an aneurysm on an airplane. If im can remember correctly, he was declared dead, toe-tagged, and became living again.

He said something about how "you" are "your" judge, and that God is not. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? yadda yadda yadda, we are important, and must be "kind" to others. Oh, and he has a book too. Long story short-hes making money for his THEORY. Diverting people from Christ, and that WE NEED A SAVIOR. We will burn before the Father with all of the sins we have committed against Him. The fines for breaking God's laws are beyond a man, yet an unjust man, a sinner, to pay or to wash his sin away. We need Jesus, a just being punished for the unjust. A perfect lamb, God in the flesh, to pay for our sins, our lawlessness. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (john3:16) For Jesus is The way, The truth, The life, and no one goes to the Father, but through Him.

Then again, his THEORY might be true to some extent. Those lights in the hospital do get bright. Yet, he wasnt judged. From what he displays, if he really were to die, he would be judged, and it seems as if he has not put on his parachute before he jumps from the plane. The plane is life, the jump is death and judgment, and the parachute is Jesus Christ Lord and Savior.
Back to top Go down
Winglee
Winglee

Female Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Movies and Philosophy!
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Whos really a Christian/Witnessing   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 pm

i am also hoping this day comes on me. happy to hear this from you.
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: God gives us these so that we MAY KNOW:   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:22 am

you can approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph3:12)
you know there is a purpose for your suffering (Eph3:13)
you can grasp how wide, long, high and deep Christ's love is(Eph3:18)
you are completed by God(Eph3:19)
you can bring glory to God(Eph3:21)
you have been called(Eph4:1 & 2Tim1:9)
you can be humble, gentle, patient and lovingly tolerant of others(Eph4:2)
you can mature spiritually(Eph4:15)
you can be certain of God's truths and the lifestyle which He has called you to(Eph4:17)
you can be kind and compassionate to others(Eph4:32)
you can forgive others(Eph4:32)
you are a light to others and can exhibit goodness, righteousness and truth(Eph5:8-9)
you can understand what God's will is(Eph5:17)
you can give thanks for everything(Eph5:20)
you dont have to always have your own agenda(Eph5:21)
you can be strong(Eph6:10)
you can stand firm in the day of evil(Eph6:13)
you are dead to sin(Rom1:12)
you are not alone(Heb13:5)
you are growing(Col2:7)
you are His disciple(John13:15)
you are prayed for by Jesus Christ(John17:20-23)
you are united with other believers(John17:20-23_
you are promised eternal life(John6:47)
you are promised a full life(John10:10)
you are chosen and dearly loved(Col3:12)
you are blameless(1Cor1:8)
you are set free(Rom8:2 & John8:32)
you are crucified with Christ(Gal2:20)
you are a light in the world(Matt5:14)
you are more than a conqueror(Rom8:37)
you are the righteousness of God(1Cor5:21)
you are part of God's kingdom(Rev1:6)
you are healed from sin(1Pet2:24)
you are no longer condemned(Rom8:1,2)
you are not helpless(Philli4:13)
you are overcoming(1John4:4)
you are persevering(Philli3:14)
you are protected(John10:28)
you are born again(1Pet1:23)
you are a new creature(2Cor5:17)
you are delivered(Col1:13)
you are redeemed from the curse of the law(Gal3:13)
you are qualified to share in His inheritance(Col1:12)
you are victorious(1Cor15:57)

yet there are many many more.

Thanks to God.
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: Re: Whos really a Christian/Witnessing   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 am

*Adhere most scrupulously to scriptural truth; and labor to preserve the strictest integrity, simplicity, and sincerity.

*Engage in no pursuit in which you cannot look up unto God, and say, 'bless me in these, my father!'

*Strive to be as kind, forbearing, and forgiving as you can--both to friends and foes.Never speak evil of anyone.

*Strive to recommend true religion by the courtesy, civility, and humble character of your conduct.

*Watch against irritation, pride, unkind speaking, and anger--study and promote love.

*Mortify all lusts sensuality and sloth.

*Never speak well of yourself. Keep down pride;let it not be indulged for a moment--but watch against it.

*Shut out evil imagination and angry thoughts.

*Let it be your sole business here to prepare for eternity. Consider every moment of time in that lies.

*Remember that you have to contend with...a legion of devils; a heart full of deceit and iniquity; and a world of enmity with God.

*Pray that you may ever rejoice in the advancement of Christ's kingdom, and the salvation of sinners; and labor in every way to promote these objects.

*Prayer is the only weapon which can subdue your corruptions, and keep you in close fellowship with God. cultivate prayer.

The love of Christ is the only safe ground of all motives, and of all conduct, all is well. the life-blood of Christianity then circulates through every vein of the soul, and spiritual health, strength, and purity of mind is the happy result. Fall down upon your knees before God, my dear, praying that He would pour that love into your heart, until it becomes a constraining principle for the government of your thoughts and actions. The love of Christ is the only remedy for all the diseases of the soul.
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: TOTAL DEPRAVITY!   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:57 am

Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: He is The Way, The Truth and The Life!   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:04 pm

"But know this first of all,
that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by
the Holy Spirit spoke from God" (2 Peter 1:20-21)

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16)

"[T]he god of this world has
blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light
of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4)

They are "futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart [is] darkened" (Romans 1:21)

They are "dead in [their]
trespasses and sins"; they walk "according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is
now working in the sons of disobedience"; and they are "by nature
children of wrath" (Ephesians 2:1-3)

In a spirit of gentleness, correct those who deny Jesus' claims on their life (2 Timothy 2:24-26) and call them to repentance and the obedience of faith.

How
can you determine the flavor of the pudding, if you havent even tasted
it? Yet, how can you believe the bible is Gods word when you dont even
KNOW its inerrant?(though both are twisted together as one wick, to be
lit, so one may find His path and gain everlasting life in the Kingdom
of God)
Back to top Go down
Dalinian
Dalinian

PostSubject: Forgive with love, to everyone and always   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 am

In the world
that we live in today, many actions one takes is very subjective, or
coming from oneself perspective. Forgiveness is what I want to address
at this moment. For example; Lets say a friend of yours either from
work, school, or a neighbor of yours does something against you.
Something that just really irritates you, which creates a 'hate'
feeling towards one. Nowadays people have decided that its up to YOU to
decide what must be done. "whatever makes you feel better". Either
through revenge, ending a relationship, or possibly forgiveness. Yet
where does one draw the line, and what shall be done if one crosses the
line? Should you betray him/her? Should you cut off contact? Or should
you forgive them no matter what the situation is? Well how can we know
what to TRULY do if we dont have a standard? For hitler thought that he
was in the right. Well, THIS is the standard that we are given. They
are through the words of God:

colossians 3:12-30

12. And
so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a
heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13.
bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a
complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should
you. 14. And beyond all these things [put on] love, which is the
perfect bond of unity. 15. And let the peace of Christ rule in your
hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom
teaching and admonishing one another with psalms [and] hymns [and]
spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17.
And whatever you do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord
Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. 18. Wives, be
subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19. Husbands, love
your wives, and do not be embittered against them. 20. Children, be
obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to
the Lord. 21. Fathers, do not exasperate your children, that they may
not lose heart. 22. Slaves, in all things obey those who are your
masters on earth, not with external service, as those who [merely]
please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23. Whatever
you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men; 24.
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the
inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. 25. For he who does
wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and
that without partiality.

The Lord forgave us yet we are STILL
sinners. He was spit on, beat on, and put to death by those who hated
Him. But He never rebuked them. He never pushed them away, or run, or
take revenge...He forgave.

He didnt come here to condemn the world. He came to save it.

So
no matter what the situation is, who the person is, or what YOU 'think'
is right. Remember, do so as the Lord would want you to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whos really a Christian/Witnessing   Whos really a Christian/Witnessing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whos really a Christian/Witnessing
Page 1 of 1