The Philosophical Perfection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

Tibetan Buddhism

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Male Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Hey Members , The Good News is that Wing our Moderator is going to Tibet and she is going to meet Monks there in the temples. She asked me to open this particular Topic for anyone of you who would like to ask questions to the Monks and while she is there she will get the answeres for you. she is going to stay there from 31 May to 16 June so everyone is welcome to ask questions through this interval of time.

Hint about Tibet :

As every where in China was undergoing Cultural Revolution, there were over 6,000 monasteries and convents in Tibet, and nearly all but a handful were ransacked and destroyed by the Red Guards, including Tibetan Red Guards.A few monasteries have begun to rebuild since the 1980s (with limited support from the Chinese government) and greater religious freedom has been granted - although it is still limited. Monks returned to monasteries cross Tibet and monastic education resumed even though the number of monks imposed is strictly limited

Last edited by The Philosopher on Sun May 31, 2009 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winglee
Winglee

Female Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Movies and Philosophy!
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Thx Miro!

My trip will start off from Sichuan in the East of Tibet towards Lhasa through the highway westward. I will stop at many temples on my way and there will be many different monks that i can meet probably. Of course, i will finally visit the Potala Palace in the last day of returning.

I really hope to get more inspirations and new thoughts from the trip and also be able to share this with you all! so pls feel free to ask anything and i am glad to take them to the buddhist. i will do my best to bring the message back here!

besides, i will keep updating my journal here with photos and reflections. Everyone of u can discuss too!
Back to top Go down
Winglee
Winglee

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:21 pm

By the way, Tibet is rich of ancient culture and philosophy. but It remain quite mysterious as different ppl hold different thoughts towards this place, especially political issues are controvercial. So lets discuss and exchange ideas here in order to see through the inner side of tibet! We need your point of view for a wider picture of this place! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Although I know That the Monks there have very short time to spend with visitors and answering their questions...but I I'll be first one to ask questions:

1) What is the meaning of happiness to the Tibet Monk ?
2) Why is ‘Greater Tibet’ not acceptable to China?

Don't forget to Bow toward them. Very Happy
I hope your back won't hurt at the end of the trip lol Clap dance
Back to top Go down
Harrifer
Harrifer

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 am

I know what I would ask now: Why do they think Buddha is silent about God?

It's be interesting to hear a number of perspectives on this.
Back to top Go down
Winglee
Winglee

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:23 am

thank you, i will try my best to bring back the tibetan buddhist perspective here.

i have arrived Lhasa yesterday. i had a few contact with the monk here and actually i have met one of them who has become my friend now. finally i can access to the site now, so i can start my 'mission' from now on. and i find the monks here quite nice and patient to talk with tourist. SO, PLS DONT HESTITATE TO ASK MORE QUESTION!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winglee
Winglee

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 pm

seeing so many things in tibet, the traditions, the culture, the lifestyle, i feel like i know nothing about tibetan, not to mention tibetan buddhism. They are really great. determined to further study abt this place.

to my disappointment, the potala palace is too commercial to let tourist know deeper abt buddhism. unlike the smaller temples that i saw in the countryside, they are not often to get contact with visitors.

anyway, i was indeed touched by the great palace and the belief behind.
Back to top Go down
The Philosopher
Admin
The Philosopher

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:39 am

wow coool , sounds interesting keep updating us lol!

Back to top Go down
Uratsukudoji
Uratsukudoji

Male Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : questioning everything
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: questions   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 am

I would ask "what are the true origins of the vedic text how do they understand the history of it?"

What do they know of the tengu(japan) or the tiāngo (china)? What do they say about these stories?
I have been trying to make some historical connections for quite awhile it would be very intresting to hear what they say about this if anything.

I wish I was there thanks for asking for questions thats very kind of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tibetan Buddhism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tibetan Buddhism   Tibetan Buddhism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tibetan Buddhism
Page 1 of 1